Monday, September 14, 2009

Taking it Day by Day

School is back in session and my first week of college has just begun. This week has had its ups, downs, and has given me many emotions. Being Happy to see my friends from last year to working at the Child Development Center again. I thought my second year at Mount Saint Mary's College would go smoothly and I did not anticipate any problems to occur during the first week of college. The problem that arose my first week of college was the way my classes were set up for fall semester 2009.

My first week was overwhelming because on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I have four to five classes back to back. The first three classes end at 12:30, then with only an hour break I continue with the other two classes. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I only have one class but work at the Child Development Center for five hours. At the end of the day I am completely drained of having such a hectic schedule. The solution for my busy schedule is by not stressing out and by not making things more complicated and just simply taking it day by day.

As the week came to an end my schedule started to stabilize itself and I started to get use to my every day routine. I realized that I should not be worrying over the little things and taking it one day at a time. Second year of college is coming out better that what I expected. Maybe it was the beginning that scared me a little, but at the end of the day I need to relax and know that everything will be okay.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Rosie, your paper was well organized. You had an explanation to your problem and a resolution. Overall, your paper was good but I think it would have been better if you would have used transitional words.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I can relate how the first week of school is always expecting the unexpected. I hope you do well managing your five classes and working in the child development center. Try not to work so hard this semester, but take it one day at time.

Shima said...

Rosie, I know exactly how you feel. When I got my schedule this year I was over whelmed because last year my schedule wasn’t so full. I like how you let the read know what you’re going to talk about right away and didn’t have the read guess. Maybe with your next essay you can add more detail and feeling to why you were feeling that particular way.